May 19, 2010

The lament of a lonely Cat...

I spoke too soon...I started out my last post with an observation that, perhaps, I should've kept secret from The Powers That Be; I simply stated that I hadn't been subject to a whole lot of  'precipitation' walking to and from work. Sorry fellow Pangnirtung residents - I think I was responsible for the morning of wet and nasty snow we received yesterday. Although it had disappeared by lunch, the nature of beast left me soaked by the time I got to school. I miss being able to take The Beast over the ice and the faint smell of gas in my hair any snowmobile leaves . Strange, I know.

Actually, pictures show it best:

...about 3 weeks ago...


...about 2 weeks ago...


...now...


I suppose this means my Cat is retired for the season. Right now all I have to do is get someone to look at it and help me prep it for storage as well as compile a list of things which may come in handy in Qik next year. I definitely need new skis, a few extra sets of carbides, another belt (just in case), and a replacement for a piece of the starter system. I don't know the particular name of it, but I know what it does and what the problem is. The nasty rattling I've been hearing for the past few months - the one which sounds like a rock caught up underneath somehow, is actually caused by this mechanism. Anyway, I need a list of things to buy in the south and throw on my sealift order...the deadline to which, I might add, is dangerously close.

Well, I suppose that's it for my 'lunch-time entry'. Back to work for me! Perhaps I'll update you on my Bingo prowess next time instead of boring you with, like the title says, the 'lament of a lonely Cat'.

No comments: